This year Claremont is hosting Christmas lunch again there will be about 20 family members and guests attending this year.
The theme for Christmas 2012 is Handmade. Everyone is making handmade gifts instead of expensive store bought items.
I thought I would share some of the recipes that would be served for Christmas lunch Australian style.
First - Lia's Potato Salad.
1. 1.5 kg potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
2. 250 grams rind less bacon rashers, chopped
3. 6 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
4. 3/4 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
5. 6 gherkins, finely chopped
6. 4 shallots, thinly sliced
1. Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Cool down with cold water and drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp. Place in a large bowl
3. Add potato, egg, shallots and gherkin.
4. Add mayonnaise to potato mixture. Toss to combine.
In the next post I will share what I am making for Handmade Christmas.