Monday 30 January 2012

Curried Lamb Sausages

When our butcher prepares our lamb for the table he makes lamb sausages as well as all the other cuts. Here is my variation on "Bangers and Mash"

500 grams sausages (lamb, Beef or chicken) I am using lamb
3 tablespoons curry paste. I am using homemade paste from this recipe
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/1720/curry+paste
Any Indian style curry paste will be suitable. I often use Pataks Korma paste which is mild. So you may need to adjust the amount of paste you use. If, the curry paste you have is very hot I would only use 1.5 tablespoons.
2 medium onions chopped
4 cloves garlic crushed
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 can lite coconut milk



















                  Brown the sausages

















Remove and allow to cool
















Chop onions and crush garlic












Add to sausage pan sauté for a few minutes and add curry paste















Slice the sausages and add to onion mixture















Add Tomatoes
Add coconut milk




I served the meal with sweet corn mash. Mashed potatoes blended with fresh sweet corn sliced off the cob. The meal was a hit!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment